What is the detox diet body detox?
A detox diet, also known as body cleansing diet, is a kind of diet program that helps to cleanse your body by flushing out toxic elements and impurities. Usually, the human body performs a natural detox function via kidneys, lower gastrointestinal tract, and liver by denying other impurities to enter the blood stream. However, this natural body cleansing process may not work effectively over the time due to your body’s over exposure to impurities as a result of increased intake of processed food containing unhealthy fats as well as sugar, breathing contaminated air, and hectic lifestyle. This in turn may adversely affect your overall health, thereby leading to fatigue, nausea, headaches, and certain types of diseases such as depression and digestive disorders. Here comes the importance of an effective detox diet plan.
Detoxification diet, or detox diet as it is fondly referred to, works in such a way to eliminate all toxic substances from inside your body through urine and stools. In other words, a detox diet plan is designed in such a way to remove all impurities, especially those seen in alcohols, fats, and sugars. There are a variety of detox diet programs, however each of them with its own specialties, i.e., when some diet plans are focused to cleanse your liver and colon, some may be designed to strengthen your immune system or aid metabolic process. Discussed below are some of the most important types of detox diet.
- Master Cleanse Detox Diet – Otherwise known as Lemonade diet, Master Cleanse Detox Diet is a blend of lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. This unique mixture contains in it properties to cleanse kidneys, blood, liver, and colon. Further, it has capability to remove even long term toxic substances.
- Raw Food Diet – This is a plant-based diet plan, and it encourages to consume foods in its raw state so that the essentials such as, minerals, vitamins, chlorophyll, and fiber are not lost. Usually, it consists of vegetables, fruits, dried fruits, grains, nuts, and sprouted seeds. One of the obvious benefits of this type of diet is that it balances sodium to potassium ratios, which in turn optimizes pH balance and cell functioning. Additionally, it aids to enhance metabolic system and strengthen body immune process. Read more on the Raw Food Diet.
- Juice Fast Diet – When comes to this type of diet plan, it helps to deliver enzymes that aid for the cleansing process. Juice fast diet contains extracts of vegetables and fruits. Since juices are mostly enriched with vitamins and enzymes, it revitalizes your overall bodily process.
- Mono Fruit Detox Diet – As the name suggests, this type of diet includes consuming one kind of fruit. The main idea behind this diet plan is to improve your internal system by eating just one type of food that smoothen the digestive process. A great thing regarding Mono Fruit Detox Diet is that it enhances the detoxification process, thereby providing you a healthy mind and body. Further, it is a great option for those looking for a safe alternative to lose their weight. Fruits such as apples and grapes are primarily effective for this diet program.
Aforesaid are just few among many of the detoxification diet plans. It also includes fast track diet, fat flush diet, and liver cleansing diet plans. No matter it is which type of detox diet plan, it offers some benefits, such as,
- Weight Loss – Since detox diet is all about elimination of toxic elements, it helps to lose your weight, thereby promoting for a healthy lifestyle.
- Enhanced Mental Outlook– As discussed above, this diet plan is a great way to lose your weight. As a result, when your body begins to lose weight, you feel lighter, which in turn aids your mind to be more active as well as healthier.
- Improved complexion – If you wish to have a glowing healthy skin, then one of the best ways would be to observe detox diet plan. Since majority of the detox diet programs encourage drinking plenty of water, it not only helps the digestion process but also to achieve a glowing, beautiful facial appearance.
- Decreased headache – One of the specialties of detox diet is that it restricts the intake of caffeine and alcohol, which in turn may be sometimes a cause for severe headache.
- Benefits also include improved digestion and less constipation, better absorption of nutrients, and enhanced alkalinity.
Even though it renders a host of benefits, a detox diet plan must be followed after consulting it with an experienced medical practitioner.
What foods do I eat on a detox?
Foods included in a detox diet may vary according to the type of programs. Listed below are some of the foods that are recommended when you are on a detox diet plan.
Fruits such as apples, pears, grapefruit, raisins, peaches, bananas, kiwi, nectarines, and black currants
- Fruit extracts
- Vegetables including onions, sprouts, broccoli, cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, and turnip
- Oats porridge sweetened with fresh fruits and honey
- Unsalted nuts and seeds
- Natural yoghurt
- Fresh herbs