- Builds Muscle
What is it?
Grapefruit Diet is a fad diet that tells you to consume as much as grapefruits in breakfast, dinner and lunch. Grapefruit Diet is not a long-term program and lasts for a period of two and a half months. This diet came into being because the inventor believed that grapefruit is effective when mixed with all kind of foods.
You can eat:
- and all other type of foods in combination with grapefruit
Grapefruits are a negative calorie food and are free from fats. The main idea behind this diet is consuming as much as grapefruit on daily basis. Recent research says that grapefruits contain an enzyme that helps to burn fat.
It’s an antioxidant at least right?
Grapefruit is rich is vitamin C and is famous for its ability to secrete an enzyme that is capable to burn body fat. This diet plan suggests having grapefruit juice or grapefruit pills or eat the actual fruit during every meal and also says you should eat grapefruit at least three times a day along with a small volume of meats and vegetables. The latest version of this diet suggests combining the grapefruit formula with weight loss programs such as Atkins and South Beach.
The Grapefruit Diet Recommendations
- It is better to reduce the coffee consumption during this diet because coffee slows down the fat burning process. It is suggested to take one cup of coffee a day.
- Take food as mentioned in the diet plane because the food items listed in the diet plan are very much essential for fat burning. Bacon and salads are key items required for this diet.
- It is recommended to take eight glasses of water a day, around 64 oz. total daily.
- This diet suggests frying all food items in butter and wrapping all the veggies liberally with butter.
- You can increase the volume of meat, salad and vegetable intake to double or even triple.
- Do not change the volume of intake of grapefruit or juice; it may affect the efficacy of this diet plan.
- Avoid desserts, breads, white vegetables or sweet potatoes during this diet.
- Eating between meals is prohibited. You will not get hungry, if you follow grapefruit diet.
- Follow the diet for 12 days and give a brake for 2 days. You can repeat the dieting cycle after the brake for two and a half months, which come around 75 days.
- During this diet, you can take as much as food you need.
- It is not recommended to reduce the volume of meals listed in the diet plan.
The Grapefruit Diet Meal Plan
For breakfast, it is recommended to take 8 oz. of unsweetened juice or 1/2 grapefruit, 2 eggs any style and 2 slices of bacon.
For lunch, it is suggested to take 8 oz. of unsweetened juice or 1/2 grapefruit, salad with any dressing, and meat any style and any amount.
You can take 8 oz. of unsweetened juice or 1/2 grapefruit, salad with any dressing or a red or green vegetable cooked in butter or spices, meat or fish any style cooked any way and one cup of coffee or tea during dinner.
You can take a glass of tomato juice (8 oz.) or a cup of skim milk (8 oz) as evening snack.
Grapefruit is considered as a healthy fruit with no fat and fat is critical for our skin, brain and organs. While grapefruit is rich in vitamin C and contains beta-carotene that can act as antioxidant, a small volume of sodium and some fiber content, no diet should be based off of one food.
This diet is a calorie restrictive diet and should not be followed as there is no lifestyle recommendations to maintain this weight loss such as an increase in strength training or building muscle with protein foods. Also note that eating too much grapefruit may lead to diarrhea. It is best if you avoid the grapefruit diet all together.