Diabetic Diet Review
If you do not have normal blood sugar level, it is recommended to follow a meal plan to keep your body healthy with a controlled blood sugar level. A meal plan gives you a perfect idea about the changes you have to make in your daily diet. This diet plan tells you how much food and what type of food you can take on daily basis.
If you follow the diet plan in a right way, you can control your high blood glucose level, cholesterol and high blood pressure. It is recommended that diabetes patients have to take care of their food frequently to check whether it is a balanced one. Regular exercise along with a good diet plan helps you to manage your blood glucose level.
A doctor/dietitian can help you to make a right meal plan which is best for you. A right diet plan filled with healthy food items can help you to improve your overall health and thereby reduce the chance for affecting complicated diseases such as heart disease, cancers and hypertension. A healthy diet plan always contains vegetables, fruits, non-fat dairy products, beans, whole grains, lean meats, fish and poultry. Food items rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber are better than the processed food. A healthy diet plan benefits all your family members, so all your family members can take part in this healthy eating plan.
Food Tips for Diabetics
If you are a diabetic patient, it is better to make some alteration in your daily recipes. Food items which have high glycemic index should be avoided from your daily diet. It is recommended to avoid or reduce the use of potatoes, corn, and refined white flour products such as pasta, pastries, noodles and cakes in diabetic recipes.
The use of hydrogenated oils or fats (trans fats) are not good for diabetic patients because these are connected with the development of diabetes. Diabetic patients should have to consume more low fat or non-fat food items and reduce/avoid the consumption of butter, full fat cheeses and other dairy products. Diabetic patients should use food items which are high in fiber content and take more and more fresh fruits and vegetables. All fatty oils except olive oil should be avoided from your diet and the consumption of sugar and sugar substitutes should be avoided. Taking fish on daily basis is good for diabetic patients because fish contain high volume of DHA fatty acids. Salmon and sardines are very best to be included in your diabetic recipes. Beans, chard, lettuce, spinach, celery, cucumber and most vegetables are good to be included in diabetic recipes.
Other Meal Plan Tips
- You should take breakfast regularly in the morning to avoid feeling starved and keep away from taking other high glycemic index food from the shop around in the morning hours.
- Take at least three liters of water a day. It helps to keep the process of digestion smooth and free.
- Take food at regular intervals. Do not take any food until you feel to take it.
- Take as much as fruits and vegetables. Raw vegetables helps to improve your energy level and fruits prevent lowering blood sugar level.
- Try to avoid the habit of taking alcohol. Alcohol always stimulates the desire for food.
- Do not take food in large volume. Divide your meals and take it in small volume at regular intervals.
- Exercise daily as it is very important for diabetic patients. Regular exercise helps to control blood sugar level.